Raw honey is not just food for the body, it’s also good food for the skin. Learn more and try out some ideas below!
10 ways to use raw honey on your skin
1. Facial cleanser: Wet your face and scoop a small amount of honey out of your jar. Spread over your face and work into the skin in a circular motion, just like you would with soap. Rinse thoroughly with cool water and pat face dry.
2. Soften & moisturize skin: raw honey is a humectant, which means it attracts and retains moisture on the skin. It can also be an effective treatment for acne and scarring.
3. Use on your hair: Use as a hair mask, rinse, and conditioner. Check out these ideas from Everyday Roots.
4. Make homemade lip scrub like this recipe.
5. Calm itchy skin: Flareups of eczema or inflamed skin can be soothed with raw honey. Spread a thin layer over the effected area and if desired, cover loosely with a cloth wrapping or bandage. Let the honey sit for 30+ minutes, then rinse with cool water. Repeat as needed.
6. Control Dandruff: This study found raw honey effective at soothing dandruff. Dissolve 1/4 cup raw honey in a scant 1/8 cup of warm water. Rub into scalp for 3 minutes then leave on for 3 hours. Rinse with cool water. Repeat every other day and see results!
7. Add to bath: Channel Cleopatra and combine liquid castile soap and raw honey in a 2:1 ratio in a container and pour under running water. Soak away! Store extra in the fridge.
8. Make a body scrub: Combine a scoop or raw honey with a 1/4 cup of raw sugar. Rub gently into skin and rinse.
9. Use to nourish nails: mix a few drops of honey with a carrier oil like coconut or olive oil to create a creamy lotion. Gently massage into nails, leave on for 30 minutes and then wipe clean with a damp cloth.
10. Make a face mask: Combine two tablespoons of raw honey and one tablespoon of cinnamon. Spread over face and let sit for 5 minutes. Use a warm damp cloth to wipe off. Here’s another basic honey face mask recipe!
Found a favorite? Comment below and let us know, or tag us on social media with #myhivebox!